We support individuals and sole traders to recover money they are owed and property they own.

Owed money?

If you are owed money, either by an individual or a business, you can obtain a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against them. If it is for £600 or more, including fees, we can then transfer this to the High Court for enforcement by one of our highly successful enforcement officers.

If you don’t yet have a judgment, we can help you obtain one, either by introducing you to one of our panel of solicitors, or by managing the claim through Money Claim Online (the Government’s claim portal) on your behalf.

Unpaid employment tribunal award?

If you have been awarded money, either through ACAS or an employment tribunal, but not been paid, we can enforce your award, regardless of its value.

Problem tenants?

If you own residential or commercial property, we can help you either recover rent arrears from them, or repossess the property.

Need to find your debtor?

If your debtor has moved or is proving elusive, we have a large tracing team, with access to many databases, who specialise in finding judgment debtors.

Working with us

Once you instruct us, we will let you know who your case manager will be and they will be your single point of contact throughout.

You can also find the relevant links to your right for more information.

Thank you for helping right the wrong that was inflicted upon me. I couldn't have asked for a friendlier or more professional service. Within just a few weeks of contacting you I had my money without any of the hassle I was expecting. I wholeheartedly recommend The Sheriffs Office to anybody who needs help settling a court order.