When evicting residential tenants, you want to it as quickly as possible so that you don’t lose out on rental income AND reduce the very real risk of damage by disgruntled tenants.

Many landlords do not know that they can use High Court Enforcement Officers to evict tenants, thinking their only option is to wait for the county court bailiff.

In many areas, landlords are waiting up for to six months for overstretched county court bailiffs to carry out the eviction.

By using a High Court Enforcement Officer you can dramatically shorten this process.

You need court permission to transfer your possession order to the High Court for enforcement. The best time to do this is when applying for the possession order, although you can do so afterwards.

When applying for the possession order, request permission under section 42 of the County Courts Act 1984 to transfer the order to the high court for enforcement by a High Court Enforcement Officer.

You need to provide the judge with a reason for the transfer, such as loss of rental income and risk of property damage that would be incurred by the delay of waiting for the county court bailiff. We can help you with the wording to use.

For more information, download our free eBook guide or call us on 0333 001 5100.